http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=102755/Chloe-%28EDP-new%29/Chloe/Fragrances
Chloe
smells like the dressing room of one of theatre's great ladies. You can
smell her delicate powders and rich beauty creams, the congratulatory
bouquets lined up by the mirror, a rose from an admirer. It is a classic
kind of floral, quite vintage in feel. Its sweetness is understated,
perhaps reminiscent of those fruity body creams as the actress perspires
under the theatre's hot lights.
I don't mean to sound so romantic in my description - describing perfumes often leads to hyperbole - but this is quite honestly the image that is conjured up when I wear Chloe's eponymous EDP. I've recently turned 18 and have been looking for something more sophisticated than the sickly sweet florals marketed at my age group. I've grown tired of the Miss Dior Cherie-type perfumes. In Chloe, I've found what I've been after.
Reviewing fragrances is tricky given the subjective nature of taste and the differing reactions with individuals' skin. I simply hope that in describing the image conjured by this scent and the qualities I seek in a perfume, I can guide those with similar aesthetics and desires towards this!
I don't mean to sound so romantic in my description - describing perfumes often leads to hyperbole - but this is quite honestly the image that is conjured up when I wear Chloe's eponymous EDP. I've recently turned 18 and have been looking for something more sophisticated than the sickly sweet florals marketed at my age group. I've grown tired of the Miss Dior Cherie-type perfumes. In Chloe, I've found what I've been after.
Reviewing fragrances is tricky given the subjective nature of taste and the differing reactions with individuals' skin. I simply hope that in describing the image conjured by this scent and the qualities I seek in a perfume, I can guide those with similar aesthetics and desires towards this!
Add review to favorites 6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No
A good fragrance, just not for me.
That rose is just too strong and statemental, the dry, almost bitter base won't help. I can't help but think of a teenage pretending to be a diva, but failing pathetically. I could change my mind if I met the right woman with the right attitude wearing this, but so far I've only smelled on women who couldn't live up to its statement. I prefer the creamier Bond no 9 West side, a rose softened by peony and a warm amber.
That rose is just too strong and statemental, the dry, almost bitter base won't help. I can't help but think of a teenage pretending to be a diva, but failing pathetically. I could change my mind if I met the right woman with the right attitude wearing this, but so far I've only smelled on women who couldn't live up to its statement. I prefer the creamier Bond no 9 West side, a rose softened by peony and a warm amber.
i dont care tho, (its me again. hi! wave wave)...yeah so, im going to get it. i know how it smells and i love roses! i used to hate that old lady rose scent, but lately, its just my thing, you know? oh i need to order some rose water too. and witch hazel.
order me it? PLEASE!!! :( yah!??? :)
oh it was so nice when i had my tax return, i was like, walking into the mall, thinking, shop! i didnt really get much tho...:/ i spent like, yeah i still have some in savings. well like i said im going to get unemployment, for now but i need a freaking job that i can keep you know? and i want my weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment