Sunday, February 14, 2016

My (ASMR) ambulance ride

Welcome! I would like to share my story from last Monday, when I just about fainted and had 911 called for me. I went to work as usual, but began feeling very overwhelmed, as we now have helpers that get in the way more than help. Let me explain real quick...I like to work alone. I am not getting payed to train anyone, and I am not a supervisor, so I do not feel as if I have to add training new people to my list of tasks that I have to do at my job. It is already a struggle trying to find the correct file which holds the style that we need to print out. We get sticky labels, or orders, as I call them, and it has a code on it. The code is supposed too, and I say this lightly, tell us where we have to go to find the order. Of course, it never matches up, and we have to go by what we feel is the right one. It is a real confusing mess. After we find the matching file for what is on the label, we then have to read the materials that are needed for the team we are printing out. For example, for the Mariners, the colors are glitter silver over Navy, or vice versa, depending on what it calls for. I will then go to the fabric section, which are on rolls and we use a cutter and the table to measure a sheet out to 36 or 40", depending on whether it is for letters or back numbers. Letters are about 2.5 inches, and back numbers are 8 inches. Front letters are 4 inches. So, for back numbers, it fits about 40, (10 per row), on a sheet, so I always cut it to 36", or else there would be extra material. For letters, I go for 40", because it will fit more. Nesting takes 4o, but I am not going to explain what that is. Then, I highlight the cut through part and the kiss cut part. Kiss cut does not cut all the way through, allowing the first layer to be peeled back and the bottom layer shows through. I forgot to say that PSA means plastic sticky...something, and that layers over the bottom layer, if it is two colors. After the whole sheet prints out, (say, I have to print out the letters, I print them from A-Z, and the amount of letter each needs. Then I pull out the tray and the other tray is under the printer and the lazer cutter ready to be printed out. This reminds me of a tray of cookies, fresh out the oven, and you are supposed to pick them off the layer. The letter A could have, say, 85 pieces, while the letter B may only have 56, (they go by the names of the baseball players)..so I always count in groups of 50, and I count them as I pluck them off the layer. Then I rubber band the group of 50. This helps me keep track of how many there are. Alot of times, it might be very big orders, like 215 needed letters, so it is easy to keep track when they are all grouped in 50. Picking them off and counting the letters and numbers is a very simple, easy process. You pick them off, count them, and put a rubber band around them. Oh yeah, the last one, you have to 'weed' them, which means peel off the layer so the weeders know which way they go, because sometimes they can be reverse. I will include a picture shortly. Now, the helpers are supposed to do this, while we print them out. They are also supposed to make us the sheets when as needed. I really do not want helpers, because they get in the way. Also, they keep giving me new helpers. It is such a strenuous, time consuming chore to have to explain to a new person every week what needs to be done on their part. I had a main helper, who just recently started using his own printer, (thank God! because I was explaining to him and showing him how to print and use the computer himself), but this guy...let me tell you, he has terrible hygiene. He smells like onions and crusty urine, mixed with sweat and a sheen of shit. His breath smells like he just ate pepperoni and salami. It is just so disgusting! I showed him how to do it himself just to get him out of the way. I know, it sounds mean, but it is the truth! Also, everyone I try to explain how to pick and count, do not count while they are picking! They count prior (is it that hard to just count while you pick or peel them off the layer?), and sometimes other helpers come over and it becomes a mess because no one is grouping them in 50, and they forget the peel off the top layer....it is just so annoying! How hard can this be!???!

Back to the emergency and ambulance. So, last Monday I went to work, and I had a free half hour to myself before Mr. Onion pants arrived, and then he stood too close and was staring at what I was doing on the computer, which felt like he was invading my space. I was trying to figure out exactly what I was doing from the person before me, I have to take over their jobs  (what they were working on), so it takes a while for me to get my bearings.

Well, as I was saying, Kerry (the guys name, and he is a nice guy. I am not trying to be rude or mean, he just smells terribly), was right there, and I started feeling very anxious and panicky, and the supervisor (Caroline is leaving so we have a new one, who never introduced himself to me), he brought over a bag of numbers I did last week, to tell me they were wrong and I had to redo them. Well, I was not the one who got the material. David and Bradley did. The bottom color was 'fire red' and at the time, they must of thought fire red was the Spring Training, but it was a color I have never used or seem before, but I printed it out so I put my initials on it. Mary was showing me how to cut it out with the printers because this type was very tricky. I started feeling very light headed and white. I was trying to pay attention but I started feeling very weak, so I sat down. I could not get up (sync, he just said he sat down on fox news, he sat down with a debater) idk...but yeah, I felt bad, so they were going to help me to the breakroom, and I fell back. Mary and Jeanie were holding me but I just could not stand, so I fell back, and Janet the supervisor came over from the other department and she called 911. Someone put a coat over me, which smelled like sweat. I was like, 'ugh this is not my coat!" I think it was onions coat! I do not really remember much, except Jeannie was being very nice and held me and said I am like a daughter to her, (we work together and she just lost her son in law. She gave me a ride to Sheetz the other night because we got out early)...so, the paramedics arrived.

They asked me a few questions, and they lifted me on to the stretcher. It was kind of weird and embarrassing to be on the stretcher at my job. I have to admit, I do like being rolled around in the ER, hopped up on morphine and in my hospital bed, (like I did when I had my miscarriages, sadly)..I do not like having that happen to me, but being rolled around in the ER is kind of relaxing to me. But this was not the hospital, this was my job, with the bright flourescent lights, co-workers, and equipment and printers. This was my job!?

I saw Veselin, (the Bulgarian mechanic I always talk too), leading the way to the exit for the paramedics. They asked me my age and they did not believe me. Janet told them I was 20. 

The ambulance was outside, and they rolled me onto the ambulance, the legs folding up. I was laying in this stretcher in the back of the ambulance, not really feeling in dire need of emergency medical assistance. I was just intending to go home early.

There were two paramedics, a woman who was plain and a man with long, curly dark hair, sort of looked like a rocker. The woman squeezed by foot in an act of reassurance and went to the drivers seat, while the man stayed in the back. He was very joky and friendly, and was telling me about how him and his wife do a haunted house every year. Later they asked me about my gummy bear earrings and when they rolled me into my hospital room, they asked me about my weird nj tattoos and he showed me his halloween haunted house tattoo and he saw my halloween tattoos.

It was pretty neat. He put an IV tube, first in my hand but failed, then in my vein. 

I was in the emergency room room for hours! Hungry and having to pee.
They did have me pee in a weird toilet thing, like a kids toilet but bigger, to do a pregnancy test. Not pregnant, but I knew that.

Took blood. Turns out, I have two different blood cell sizes. Too big and too small. what the heck!??

mixed anemia.

ok i wrote enough! exhaust..(i wrote asmr but it really wasnt. oh well!)































No comments:

Post a Comment