Saturday, March 19, 2016

Throwback Diary entry:

So, I found my old diary/journal whatever

this is from

May 31, 1996 (yeah, a LONG time ago...)

Today, I didn't go to school. I went and took the ASVABs. I scored pretty good. I also went inside a tank, which was cool. Hmm, what else? Oh well, I'm gonna join the Army. Then I had to work. Missy stopped by. I was making sandwiches. Oooh fun! Ha yeah right!

Nov 9, 1996

Yesterday was when I left. Sgt Silver got me at 4:30 and I said bye to my family which was so sad but not too bad. When I was sitting in a room at MEPS I really felt like crying. Oh well. So, I had to catch two planes to Jackson, Carolina. I'm there now its not that bad but I know that I will never want to work at a place like this. Today pretty dull, at least, tiring. Firve years away from home. I mbtter be more confident or I;ll die.

EDIT: (I was not very descriptive back then, but I do recollect that day, to some degree. At the MEPS we all the recruits were brought into a room where we were all sworn in to the United States Military, (I still have the Polaroid from that day, maybe I will find it and post it). As we were being driven away to the airport in Philly, "Unbreak my heart' by Toni Braxton was playing. I watched a black girl wave to her husband/boyfriend and their young child as we drove away. She was crying. We reunited with more and more recruits during our flights, but I was with Autumn since Philly. I was nervous about being on a plane so I went to light up a cigarette, (since I had seen an ashtray in the seat), but the old man next to me told me that I cannot smoke on the planes.

At our next layover, we met up with more recruits, such as the girl with the deep red, messy hair. She went along and joined us in our platoon later on. We arrived at Ft. Jackson very late. We all got into the school bus which then drove us into Ft. Jackson. We had no idea what to expect. They brought us into the chow hall where we had our choice of cereal, toast, and eggs. Then they showed us to where we would spend the night. There were bunk beds and I chose the top one above Autumn. She told me that we should sleep on top of the covers. No one shut the lights so I was staring at the bright glow of a flourescent lit up ceiling before getting a little bit of sleep before the next day of processing began.


Nov. 11, 1996

I'm still in the reception. It's lonely here, at least for me. That's because I am not really associating with others. Anyways, I really miss my family. I try not to think about how much I miss Chris, (((EDIT: a guy I had a crush on when I was working at Wendys'..doh!))) even though I'm not going out with him, and I was hardly talking to him, but I liked him so much. I wouldn't mind if he was the last person I went out with. I can wait 5 years to be with him. Ha ha! Oh well, I don't like it here.
Next day, Swallowed-Bush, Devils Haircut-Beck, new video by the Cranberries. I miss MTV! Ha ha ha! I miss chatting in mIRC and #Psychic and seeing Chris act all dumb at work. I miss cleaning the Frosty machines, and waking up late! Playing with Peaches ((my dog at the time). Everything!

Nov. 22nd

Yesterday I went down Victory Tower, which was ok I suppose. ((EDIT, victory tower is in that army movie with Danny Devito and Stacy Dash, in the army now I think its called) ..I seen 2 other guys I find cute. Well, three....

Dec. 9th

This morning we woke up at 0430 and left to walk about 5 to walk a couple miles to the range. I was cold but once I got walking I got warmed up. Out of 36 pop up targers, I only hit 17. I really hope and pray that I meet the standards on Friday so that I can qualify. I really do want to graduate. I want to finish what I started. Alot of people are leaving and going home but I don't want to be one of those people. I want to go out to Texas and California to learn Spanish, and always want to get the chance to jump out of a plane. 

Dec 14th
Today we went out to the Range 8 to fire automatic and also to fire with our gas masks on. Well, nothing really interesting to write about (EDIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?), I need to clean out my wall locer. 3 more days and a wake up. 

Breakfast from Sunday, December 16th
Waffles, bacon, biscuit w/strawberries, hash browns, bowl of fruit loops and mini wheats and juice. whoa!

I had a crush on Conan O'Brien back then, (but I seemed to have a crush on everyone!?? Geez...) I wrote about him a few times I noticed. Weird!?? When I went home for Christmas, we went to NYC to see a Conan show. I said I liked obnoxious, funny, cute in a dorky way guys, like Conan O brien...

So, I am disappointed in how I wrote back then, always complaining and negative, and always talking about boys I had crushes on. I never really went into detail about my basic training days. The journal comes to an end, after Ft. Jackson, but then I started another one when I got to Ft. Benning GA. (I ended up throwing that one in the river because my boyfriend Danny found it and read it, and I cheated on him a bunch of times. Damn...I was pretty..uh...ho-ey)

Heres an excerpt from January 24th

Well, I just came in. It's 430 am. Oops! I got moved into Bravo company. I was talking to more people and this girl named Sarah who just graduated and some other guys. Bryant and this other guy who looks like Keanu Reeves. We went to the PX with them in the guys car. He says he will make a PT card for me in which says I actually did pass. Anyways, later in the night me, Sarah and this other guy went to the E Club and this guy who remembered me from Charlie started talking to me. ((EDIT: that girl Sarah told me not to hang out with Bryant because he was bad news, but I found him intriguing. He was older, ((he was 23 and I was 18))...he was good looking, he drove a truck, he drank Jim Beam and listened to George Thorogood, Marilyn Manson and Red Hot chili peppers. He talked about making MRE bombs)...We ended up going to some party and had some beers and watched Pulp Fiction. Bryant invited me to go see Scream but I did not go.

January 24th 

I woke up late and went downstairs, and then I went to the mall with Bryant and Bonze (Keanu guy). They sat in the truck while I went shopping. I bought everything I needed, and decided to go back to the parking lot. Apparently, Bryant and Bonze got arrested for drinking. So we had to take the truck. This guy Kulpa came and drove me and those two guys to the tattoo place and I got a tattoo of a strawberry. I came back here around 6, played pool. Went for a ride in a specialists jeep with the music blaring in my ears. Talk about Mardi Gras. 

Anyways, that was the last page in that journal. I can recollect when I was in the ARM Y for those short 10 months, and I can do a better job at writing about it then I did back then...geez!??! Can you say boy crazy!??? wow





























No comments:

Post a Comment