anyways, here is a link to the yelp review. interesting to read, i will say
http://www.yelp.com/biz/white-castle-phillipsburg?hrid=dQL50aFkklWfYJx2Wx8sRw
by the way, i think the manager was stealing. just a feeling i got, a feeling ABOUT HER STEALING! she once made a comment , "show me the money!" and got all excited when we had a lunch rush. i thought to myself, 'why do you care? you aint gonna see that money?'
i also would see her doing weird transactions on the register, like she was making it look like she was re-issuing returns, and keeping the cash? she also did not want us to use the hair nets or even the scouring pads to wash the dishes. she wanted us to reuse them!?? they got dirty fast from all the grease....those little items add up tho $$$ and for some reason she did not want to spend the money on those necessities. oh she wanted us to buy hairnets.
some examples of reviews:
Let me start with the positive. The food was good, well it was exactly what I wanted, greasy White Castle ;-). It was also hot, always a plus. This is actually why I'm giving them two stars. From here it went down hill very quickly.
Again, this is White Castle so it went in with my eyes wide open. The place was dirty and not cleaned at all. Food and napkins all over the place and multiple ketchup spills well dried on tables a chairs. Then there were the fruit flies at the condiment area - yuck!
It's not like they were busy, because they were not. If it was that dirty where customers visit I shudder to think what it looks like behind the counter.
The memory of the bugs will haunt me enough that I doubt I will return in the future. Maybe in a couple years I'll walk in to check it out but most likely I'll never return.
Someplace Harold & Kumar are weeping in each other's arms.
just read a review about a customer complaining about a young lady at the register...???
It's a phenomenon that I will never get... but every now and then get drawn in to buy a meal. So I stop in this fine establishment against my better judgement one day for lunch. As much as I tried to keep it simple, even ordering was a chore with the young lady at the register. I tell her what I don't want on a burger, and she repeats it back to me wrong. Then gets annoyed as if I was asking for a burger cooked slightly medium, but not too rare... All I wanted was one of the usual toppings to not be put on the burger. Well, not only was the order wrong, the fries that I got looked like they were either put in a microwave to cook, or just set in a window to thaw out. Just an awful effort from start to finish... I guess it'll be another several years before my curiosity brings me into another one of these places to see if they've improved...
to be fair, they do not train properly. they just stick you on the registers, and the drive thrus, without proper training. they make you feel bad if you do not get it right away. that place is bad.
other places i worked at, we had someone standing by us ALL DAY , say if they wanted to train us on drive thru, then we had someone standing next to us all day, and we were only on drive thru. white castle will just throw you on there to fend for yourself. it does take a while to get used to the registers.
the managers were rude. just a bad place to work at. there was a kid who that was his first job. i feel sorry for him. what a terrible work ethic to set the tone.
No comments:
Post a Comment