While I do not take showers before I head off to work, due to waking up early, (sometimes 4am, sometimes 7am, depending on my schedule), I always make an effort to be fresh. Showers are the most effective way to be fresh for work, but I have to take one the night before because I give myself an hour before going to work, half hour of that hour being me laying in bed scrolling through facebook and instagram, and 15 minutes of me getting up, brushing my teeth, finding something to wear, and having a glass of juice. Since I do not take a shower in the morning, I just make sure to spray some body spray on myself, and of course I brush my teeth and use mouthwash. I will also brush my hair and I might wear my contact lenses and some make-up. I always carry an extra toothbrush and toothpaste and I always brush my teeth after lunch to keep myself feeling fresh. I also keep a small body spray perfume so I will spray that on myself before going back to the registers.
I have dealt with many body odors and smells, from customers to co-workers. One time, I was at my register, ringing up the customer. At the register behind me, there was a family, and I kept hearing the little girl begging her dad that she needed to go to the bathroom. They were ignoring her. The poor girl kept pleading but she had to wait. A minute later, I smelled the strong smell of fecal matter. Poop! I am pretty sure the little girl lost her shit. Poor thing. I was at a Walmart years ago, and I had to use the bathroom. Once I entered the bathroom, the strong smell of poop invaded my nostrils. There was a woman standing there, with shit smeared all over her pants. Not sure how that happened, but it was the strongest smell ever. She had a little kid with her. Little kids are little shit explosions waiting to happen.
I have had people come through my line, open their mouth to say something to me, and breathe in their bad breath. It felt like I was bringing in a part of their putrid soul. It feels very invasive and nauseating when this happens. I have had people come through my line that smelled like sweat, I have had people come through my line that smelled like sweat, weed. I do not mind when someone comes through my line smellling like cologne or perfume tho.
I have a co-worker, who lives in the projects like me. Sometimes she has to go on break or lunch, so I have to take over her register. I always try to take my time before I jump into her space that she was inhabitating for the past two hours, because it will literally give me a headache. I'm not trying to be mean, but if I go into her space, it will smell bad. It will smell anywhere between cat pee too rotting produce. It will give me an intense headache. I'm not sure if she is aware of how she smells. I know I can sense if I do not smell that pleasant, so I will try to do everything I can to remedy it, but I do not think I smell that strong where it will give someone an actual headache?
Yesterday, I was ringing up a family. The parents were huddled around my register and the mother was holding a kid. They had two other children. I really do not like when anyone huddles so close to my register. I feel like they are too close to me. As I was ringing them up, I smelled a hot fart. I didn't say anything, but I knew I smelled something. I saw the dad look at the mom and wave his hand back and forth, like, 'phew, stinks'. Then the mom said, "That's mean.", as if it was me he was talking about..
I actually did speak up, and said, "That wasn't me." No one said anything about it, but I really felt like saying, "That was one of your damn kids!" Or perhaps it was the dad. Nonetheless, I hope they got into the car and the one who dealt it dealt it again, and I hope the dad said, 'Oh that was you!" No, mom, that was not me who smelled like a hot fart. It was either you, your husband, or your stinky kids.
I'm not gonna lie tho, one time I did fart, (quietly), I didn't even realize I was going to do it, but I did, and it did smell like a fart. The kind where you know you have to dump. I felt so embarrassed and I am pretty sure the woman with whom I was ringing up smelled it too. I just moved around really fastly, trying to whiff it away or act like it came from another person. Hey, it happens. Us humans are gross. What are you gonna do about it??
No comments:
Post a Comment