Sunday, March 10, 2019

To my fellow 40somethings:

To my Fellow 40 year olds:

It is our time now, to realize, we are now the old ones! Whether or not you feel this way, we are still 'middle aged', according to many opinions. 

This is a very interesting time. For one, a vast majority of us have children who may have now grown into adults themselves, or teenagers, or may still be young children. For those who have grown children who are now out of the house and in college or the military; or who have just moved out, now it is your time! Now you can go and enjoy your life! Take a trip! Have a few drinks with friends at the local bar, go camping. Have friends over for a fun dinner party! For those of you who are deciding to have kids now, well, now is your time to be a parent. Revel in these tender moments. If you are having your first child in your 40s, that is fine! Sure, you are doing it while you are a bit older, but it should mean that now you understand responsibility, and you had all that time to live for yourself, now you have a child to care for. Raising your own child will be rewarding in a way no one else will understand. 

Your 40's really are your last chance to have a child, (at least for women), men can bear children well into their 70's in some cases older! 

I find myself not trying to contribute any of my stories of when I was younger, in fear of not revealing my age. I find myself keeping quiet about my school days, and the eras I grew up in, even tho those era's were such an awesome time!

Fellow 40 somethings, face it! We grew up in the 80s! We grew up in a time of colorful, yummy smelling erasers, ditto's that smelled a little salty, remember those banners depicting the alphabet, and once we reached 3rd grade, the letters would turn into cursive. We used to get up to put our hands over our hearts and recite 'The Pledge of Allegiance'. We would wear clunky ponytails, gummy bracelets that Madonna made famous, (my cousin Sarah once told me I should'nt wear the black ones, because Madonna wore them.) Saturday mornings were always magical dust revealing rays of sunshine, settling on our hard, woven round rugs. The bulky tv's always shared a small array of Saturday morning cartoons, complimenting our sugary cereals of choice. (We never had sugary cereals however.) We would eat oatmeal and toast and such...we had our favorite stuffed animals and toys.

AND THAT'S JUST THE 80S!!! (to be continued)

"While I was born in the late 70s, I really do not remember the 70's per se, I remember times when I was 2, but I was born in 78."


















No comments:

Post a Comment