Tuesday, October 16, 2012

red room of mirrors

I had a bad dream, or was this a flashback? That I cannot say, for it might of even ben a suppressed memory. Which ever it was, it sent my heart racing and sweat releasing. I woke up, with much stress, when I glanced up and I saw horrible shadows in the mirror. Where was I? I must of passed out somewhere. There was a red tint cast throughout the room. As my eyes adjusted, I realized I passed out in someone else's dorm room. Oh yeah, party. Some sort of party. Well, I'm not going to stay here. I sat up, and saw I was laying next to a lump. Who? Well, it doesn't matter, I want to go back to my own bed! 

I tried to quietly escape, when I saw the lump started moving. "Oh, hey," it groggily spoke.

"Um, I'm just going to go," I tried to soothingly whisper, so that whoever it was could go back to sleep.

"No," it shot up. "No, wait." Then he grabbed me.

"NO!" I shouted out. 

"Becca, what's your problem", the voice asked.

"I'm leaving!", and I got up quickly and ran out of there. The hallway was lit but luckily no one was in the hall. I looked at my watch. 5:45 am. Damn! I hardly remember anything, and my head is pounding! I need some sleep. At least it is Saturday. Do I have anything going today? I do not know now, I can't even think!??!

"Becca!", I heard the voice call out from down the hall. "Why are you being such a bitch?"

I looked back. Blurriness started to set in. A familiarity of the voice brought me back to another world, then I passed out.

While I passed out, I must of had my flashback. I was a young kid. I was in a room, a dark lit only illuminated by a red bulb of dim light. It made it seem almost like blood. I could smell the copper scent of blood in fact.  The blood was coming from my nose. I could feel the caked up scabbing of a bloody nose. Who were these dark figures around me? They had me tied to a chair. I was scared but I could not scream. I could not cry. I felt frozen. I couldn't even move. My body ached, I felt drained of all senses. I lost track of time. 

"You are the blood red girl. You will follow the commands of the blood red diamond. You are programmed to stay awake."

They kept repeating this, over and over. I felt my body jolt into unconsciousness. I lost sense of everything. 

I woke up. I was bathed clean, and I was dressed in a nightgown and socks. Someone was holding my hand. It was still dark. It was still red. The voice was soothing. 

((weird that commercial was just on actually))

"Sleep, little one, sleep."

The unknown fairy godmother lifted up my little body, and layed me on a bed. A very comfortable bed full of blankets and pillows and dolls and stuffed animals. Then she closed my eyes gently with her hands and started reciting to me.
The voice was soothing. It was a woman's voice, echoing throughout the room, searing its words into my mind and my inner psyche.


"From breakfast on through all the day
At home among my friends I stay,
But every night I go abroad
Afar into the land of Nod.
All by myself I have to go,
With none to tell me what to do–
All alone beside the streams
And up the mountain-sides of dreams.
The strangest things are these for me,
Both things to eat and things to see,
And many frightening sights abroad
Till morning in the land of Nod.
Try as I like to find the way,
I never can get back by day,
Nor can remember plain and clear
The curious music that I hear."


I soon fall asleep, into a very deep sleep.

Then I awaken. The sun is shining through the window. I look at my watch. 11:25 am. I glance about my surroundings. It looked familiar, because it was. It was my dorm room. I start remembering bits and peices of the party the previous night. My day has begun.

The next time I had a flashback was a few weeks later. I was with my boyfriend, Justin. We were watching a movie. One of the scenes had some candles in the room, it was a red room. I felt nauseous. I had to get out of there.

"Becca?", he asked lovingly.

I was crying. I just had a terrible headache. "Justin, I don't feel so well. I'm going to go lay down."

"Here, wait for me." He got up to help me.

"I just...I just don't feel good." Everything felt painstakingly horrible. I just wanted to lay down. I noticed my vision became blurred.

I passed out before realizing I was even in my own bed. This is when I had the dream. I woke up, once again in that bed full of blankets and dolls and my friends. This time, I saw I was surrounded by mirrors. There was a red overcast, surrounding and enveloping the room. I looked around. I saw mirrors everywhere. I started seeing dark shadows emanate from the mirrors. I saw them take place in some sort of macabre movement. I started hearing voices, evil hideous voices. They started pounding at the mirrors, wanting to get out. I was terrified. I looked in the mirror, and I saw a reflection. It was a girl, with big, huge eyes. I saw her mouth curl into a silent scream. Then I saw the reflection smash. The last thing I knew, the shadow creatures have gotten to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment