So here is the deal....I was watching "Intervention" last night, and this woman who was an alcoholic really needed to settle her addiction, in which she would actually drink Listerine because it does have trace amounts of alcohol. Her body needed it to get by. That is an alcoholic. When someone wakes up in the morning, and needs a drink to feel normal, THAT is an alcoholic. When someone hides and sneaks drinks, again, alcoholic. Drinking alone...another sign. Drinking every day, another one.
I really hate how Moss just assumes that I need to drink. I do not. He thinks it is uncommon for people to just stop drinking. He says, 'cold turkey'. I call it growing up...and not throwing up.
You see, Moss has never went to parties, he has never did keg stands, he has never played beer pong, he has never shotgun a beer or drink a beer out of a beer funnel. He never played 'asshole' or other card games involving drinking. Everyone I knew did this stuff in their late teens and early 20s. It was just something we did!? In the army, everyone would drink. In college too. I am reading that confessions of an ivy league frat boy, and the hazing involves binge drinking. We had parties with kegs, we did jello shots, we went to bars and did car bombs. This is just what most young people do.
There comes a point where, you just get sick of it. It gets old, boring, (or maybe you become old, and boring)...you get sick of getting drunk on the weekends, or waking up with a hangover. You get sick of hoping for the perfect night involving good company, good music, and wine, when it never even happens. Instead, you find you just get annoyed and agitated when no one gets you.
It gets old. Not only that, but you might even get a DUI or so. These suck the most! They cost you your license, fines, and you have to deal with court. It looks bad on your record. DUI's are not fun! And this is not even talking about the seriousness of it.
I would drink out of boredom. I did not know what else to do on the weekends so often times it would involve drinking. I also would drink more than intended and black out. That could be a sign of alcohol abuse, and possibly in my genes, but to say its in my genes, is a cop out. I feel it is just an excuse to blame it on genetics.
I can stop. I have no desire to drink anymore. I have been getting by just fine without it.
http://elitedaily.com/life/no-alcohol-worth-it/1018318/
that post is about everything i mention. i do not think we have to be an alcoholic to stop drinking. i think people just outgrow it. i want to focus on finding someone to start a family with. i want kids.
ya know?
Exactly right. There's a huge difference between enjoying some wine with or after a meal, or a FEW drinks while relaxing. Adults do it all the time. As long as you don't overdo it, there's nothing wrong with it. Moderation is the key.
ReplyDelete